Monday 6 June 2011

Jellyfish have arms?

A bizaar topic to write a few lines on but until this morning, I would never have believed such a statement! I managed to prove this theory correct after an hour of my first swim set back after a 6 week break... Feeling tentative about jumping in the water with the air temp outside at a fresh 10deg C, I was welcomed by some training mates and good friends with a few smiles, the odd joke about how I was to fare after such a break and a comfortable 25 deg water temperature to look forward to...

The first two sets of warm up's went fine but as soon as the main set of 1500m and 15 x 100 sunk in, the jellyfish started to take shape! If I had to describe the feeling of getting back into a swimming routine after a significant break, it would best be described as trying to swim whilst wrapped up in a net... you get the picture I'm sure!

The good side of all this is that these early sessions are normal and it generally takes a week for the jellfyfish syndrome to make way for the type of form and technique that one would associate a swimmer with...

I say bring it on, I am on my way, my season has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment